Thursday, April 5, 2007

Priorities

Thank God for good friends. Yesterday and today we had visits from good friends during the day, and I have to admit that I found myself looking around my house, thinking, "I'm inviting people to come here, where there's obviously so much to do? What am I thinking?"

However, can you believe it, neither of them asked me why I live in squalor, nor did they leave just moments after arriving because they couldn't stand being here.

And I need to remember that building friendships is so important for me and for the friends I'm building the friendships with. God will not be asking me how clean my house was come Judgment Day. And it would be most terrible if my children learned the lesson that housework is more important than people.

The irony here is that I don't love housework -- I just like it to be done so that I don't have to worry about it anymore.

There will be housework always, but our friends we do not always have with us...