Thursday, May 3, 2007

Gratitude

There is really nothing like illness to make me grateful for returned health. And isn't that true in most areas of life? I wonder how much I wander around, unaware of the rich blessings that God is showering upon me. When things get taken away, I miss them, and when they come back, I am very grateful, but I realize that I should try to be grateful more often without having to suffer the loss first.

So I will try for at least a week to come up with something new each day that I'm grateful for -- that hasn't been taken away recently. Something that's a fixed part of my life -- or as fixed as things in a passing world ever are.

For today, I'm grateful for Hannah's swimming lessons. She's got an amazing teacher, she's learning a ton and is not afraid of going under water any more, and she's having a great time. Thank you, God, for Hannah's swimming lessons.

(Incidentally, Naomi is grateful for Hannah's swimming lessons, too...although she would be more grateful for her own swimming lessons! When she turns two...)